Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
简介Supporters of Israel took to the streets in Seoul on Tuesday, urging Hamas militants to stop their k ...
Supporters of Israel took to the streets in Seoul on Tuesday, urging Hamas militants to stop their killing of civilians, as war continues to escalate between the two sides.
The Solidarity with Israel rally, hosted by the Korea-Israel Friendship Association and the Israel Forum civic groups, took place near the Gwanghwamun Station, in central Seoul, following two pro-Palestinian rallies last week.
The rally was attended by Israeli Ambassador to Korea Akiva Tor, Korea-Israel Friendship Association Chairman Hwang Woo-yeo, President of the Israel Forum Kim Jin-seop, and Joy M. Sakurai, the deputy chief of mission at the US Embassy in Seoul, as well as some 500 Koreans and Israelis living in Korea.
Calling Hamas a terror group, not a legitimate representative of the Palestinian people, Hwang, a former politician and education minister, urged the militant group to stop killing people.
"Blinded and obsessed by anger, Hamas is committing a massacre and we must stop this atrocity," he said.
Ambassador Tor condemned the war but said that the enemy of Israel is Hamas, not the Palestinian people and the people of Gaza.
Sakurai, who attended the rally on behalf of US Ambassador to Seoul Philip Goldberg, also said the US stands with Israel. “There is no justification for terrorism, there is no excuse. Israel has the right and duty to defend itself against the brutal attack of Hamas and to make sure this never happens again,” she said.
“We would also like to applaud the Korean government for supporting Israel and standing against the unjustified atrocity committed (against) civilians by Hamas,” she added.
At the end of the rally, the participants chanted the slogan “Return the hostages, surrender immediately, we support peace in Israel.”
“Devil’s Plan,” a Netflix Korea survival game show that premiered on Sept. 26, became a global hit s ...
The Daegu International Opera Festival, marking its 20th anniversary this year, kicked off with Rich ...
For one local beer aficionado, the recent increase in the variety of alcoholic beverages available a ...
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- S.Korea's largest
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
In S. Korea, Hamas ambush raises concerns over NK surprise attacks
Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- The many regional flavors of songpyeon, a Korean holiday dessert
- 2023 LoL World Championship to entertain esports fans
- NCT Dream to perform on 2023 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
- Chuseok food cost hits all
- Opposition leader proposes meeting with Yoon amid growing party feud
- Maestro Bychkov to debut in Korea with all
- Long Chuseok holiday to boost domestic trips
- 탈북민단체, 대북전단 20만장 살포…"더 많은 정보, 계속 보낼 것"
- Jungkook of BTS sweeps iTunes’ Top Songs charts in 100 different regions
- N.Korea could use nuclear weapons at any stage of conflict: Pentagon
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
- Try on traditional Korean costume during Hanbok Culture Week
- [Herald Review] Lim Hyunsik takes fans for a musical dive into ocean
- [Obituary] Park Seo
- [KH Explains] Amazon's cloud industry plans raise fears of Korean market monopoly
- [Coffee Klatch] Take a sip of Turkish coffee in Seoul
- HMM sale to face hurdles amid slowdown in shipping industry
- S. Korea to review additional measures against N. Korea's arms transfer to Russia
- Doosan Robotics to supply chicken
- Discussions on need for dialogue on N. Korea denuclearization diminish in US: ambassador