GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
简介South Korean oil refiner GS Caltex announced Thursday that it has secured a partnership with Posco I ...
South Korean oil refiner GS Caltex announced Thursday that it has secured a partnership with Posco International to expand their presence in the biofuel industry, accelerating efforts toward a green transformation.
The agreement was signed at the Posco Center in Gangnam, Seoul, Thursday, with top executives including GS Caltex CEO Hur Sae-hong and Posco International Vice Chairman and CEO Jeong Tak in attendance.
Through a joint venture, the two will build the new refinery facility in Kalimantan, Indonesia, with a combined investment of 260 billion won ($194 million). Starting with construction early next year, the facility is expected to operate in the second quarter of 2025.
The refinery is to boast annual production of 500,000 tons of palm oil as well as cooking oil, the company said.
They will also recover waste materials generated from the facility and later use them for biofuel production, allowing the company to build a whole value chain.
The new business enables the refiner to secure a stable supply chain, which are needed for the development of biofuel production technology.
Amid the global wave for renewable and green business, GS Caltex is leaning toward net zero carbon emissions by investing in biofuels, plastic recycling and hydrogen technology.
“The new partnership will allow us to secure competitiveness in the global bio market,” said Hur. “As GS Caltex has a soaring influence in the bio industry, we are expected to have a high synergy effect with Posco International.”
이준석 전 국민의힘 대표가 16일 서울 강서구청장 보궐선거 참패와 관련해 윤석열 대통령과 여당에 변화와 쇄신을 촉구하며 눈물을 흘렸다.이 전 대표는 이날 국회 소통관에서 기자회견을 ...
South Korea's film industry has garnered international acclaim for its unique storytelling, oft ...
The annual Performing Arts Market in Seoul, this year together with Journey to Korean Music, will of ...
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
[Top Envoy] Russian satellite help not likely priority for North Korea: Chun
N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
[From the scene] Eye
BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
[From the scene] Eye
- SPAF kicks off with boundary
- Film director Jung Byung
- 김건희, 제주도서 갈치 시식하며 “수산물 소비 활성화 최선”
- Posco on brink of strike for first time
- Korean telecom regulator considers W68b in fines on Google, Apple for violating in
- [Today’s K
- First frost and ice observed, but warmer weather will return
- Stray Kids to release new album 'Rock
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- “김정은 두만강역 통해 귀국…조로관계 발전 새로운 장”
- Trilateral talks open on Korea
- NewJeans sings 2023 Lol World Championship anthem
- Is S. Korea dangerous for women?
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- Nam June Paik Art Center to be led by new director Park Nam
- Do professors in Korea have too much power over students?
- Manpower Korea’s unique approach to reference checks
- Intangible cultural heritage exhibitions, performances head overseas
- [사진] 영장심사 마친 이재명, 묵묵부답
- S. Korea holds rare military parade, warns NK against nuclear attack
- New teachers’ manual bans recording devices in classrooms