S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
简介South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of ...
South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of a widened trade surplus and increased interest income from overseas, central bank data showed Wednesday.
The country's current account surplus reached $4.81 billion in August, following the surplus of $3.74 billion the previous month, according to preliminary data from the Bank of Korea.
August's surplus came as the country's trade balance has remained in the black for five straight months and interest income has increased.
The country's goods account racked up a $5.06 billion surplus in August, following a $4.44 billion surplus the previous month.
The primary income account, which tracks the wages of foreign workers and dividend payments from overseas and interest income, reported a surplus of $1.47 billion in August, following a $2.92 billion surplus in July, the data showed.
But the services account suffered an extended loss in August, reaching $1.6 billion, the data showed. (Yonhap)
President Yoon Suk Yeol on Tuesday pledged to boost the global competitiveness of South Korea's ...
SHAOXING, China (Yonhap) -- South Korea won an unprecedented fourth straight Asian Games baseball go ...
The unification ministry on Sunday urged North Korea to immediately send a South Korean pastor and f ...
- Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
- KCON Saudi Arabia 2023 attracts 23,000 K
- Asiana may ditch cargo business to close Korean Air merger deal
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- Gwanghwamun's Joseon
- 홍익표, 체포안 가결파 징계에 “총선 승리 도움 기준으로 판단”
- Truck crash leaves 2 dead, 2 injured
- Stray Kids to release new album 'Rock
- [Today’s K
- Death toll from Afghan quakes rises to more than 2,000
- SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
- Gyeongbokgung entrance platform, new signboard unveiled
- New book sheds light on ongoing debate and legacy of comfort women issues
- Seoul defense exhibition aims to boost arms exports
- Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
- BTS' V joined by Jimin in solo fan meeting 'Vicnic'
- S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Over 90% of fines for illegal short selling imposed on foreign firms
- Returning minister Yu In
- 김웅 "국민은 바꾸라는데 단결만 얘기…의총 뭐하러 하느냐"